On May 20, 2014, Equity for Children will co-host with the Observatory on Latin America (OLA) and Development Thought and Policy, a panel discussion entitled, “Social Protection for Families and Children” at The New School in New York. Social protection policies are essential elements of breaking the cycle of poverty and social exclusion faced by millions of children and families around the world.
Panelists speaking at the event include Jose Pineda (UNDP), David Stewart (UNICEF), Félix Sabate (Universidad National Arturo Jauretche – Argentina) and I. For more information, please visit www.equityforchildren.org.
Our conversation on “Approaches to Equity” continues this month with a new organizational structure of project content, and several new interviews from researchers pivotal to the discussion of equity, development and human rights. These researchers are:
- Keetie Roelen, Research Fellow, Institute of Development Studies
- Hinke Haisma, Associate Professor in Population Child Health, University of Groningen
- Paul Dornan, Senior Policy Officer, Young Lives
- Alicia El Yamin, Director, Program on Health Rights of Women and Children, Francois-Xavier Center for Health and Human Rights, Harvard University
We hope you will continue to follow and engage in our ongoing work and appreciate your support.
Alberto Minujin, Executive Director
For more information
Thank you for taking a moment to join Equity for Children in observance of National Freedom Day. Thi...
Young Lives, a research initiative at the University of Oxford’s Department of International Develop...
1. Recent estimates show that there has been a large reduction in extreme poverty over last quarter ...
Thank you for taking the time to Join Equity For Children’s staff in observance of National Human Tr...
Equity for Children, launched this week a report that includes for the first time non-monetary dimen...