Imagine being a 3-year-old navigating New York City. Watch our Urban Inequities and Children Conference teaser video below to see how young children are impacted by urban policy and design. The conference was organized by Equity for Children in partnership with the Center for New York City Affairs, at The New School.
Through presentations and panel discussions the Urban Inequities and Children Conference addressed:
- – Early childhood equity as connected to cities’ urban planning and design
- – Child wellbeing and equity considerations for urban society and its development
- – Urban society development initiatives in general that directly impact children
- – Cómo Vamos Mariana Alegre, Director (Lima) and Monica Villegas, Director (Bogota)
- – UNICEF David Anthony, Chief, Policy Advocacy Unit, Data, Research, and Policy
- – New York City Children’s Cabinet Benita Miller, Executive Director
- – Inter-American Development Bank Florencia Lopez Boo, Senior Social Protection Economist
- – Bernard van Leer Foundation Leonardo Yanez, Program Officer, Latin America
- – Equity for Children Alberto Minujin, Founder and Executive Director
Find out more about the conference and access the livestream here.