Duration: Fall 2021 to end of Spring 2021 Semester (5 hours a week aprox.)
Location: 72 Fifth Ave, 7 th Floor, New York City or remotely
Supervisor: Gabriel Crespo, Associate Director
Title: Writer, Copy Editor, Proofreader
Equity for Children (EFC), a research center within the International Affairs Program, is a pioneer in the movement for equity. Through direct action, we advocate for children’s rights and wellbeing. We work to advance equity for children by creating and disseminating research about policies affecting the most underserved populations.
Founded in 2006 by Professor Alberto Minujin, this program, hosted at The New School, provides a global knowledge acquisition tool for policymakers, academics, students, practitioners and all those working to better the lives of children.
With a presence in New York and Buenos Aires, Equity for Children sponsors critical thinking, original research and events encouraging a conversation about children’s rights.
Scope of the work
Reporting to EFC’s Associate Director, the position of the Writer/ Copy Editor/ Proofreader will focus primarily on drafting communication pieces for the organization’s website, as well as other pieces for communication with donors, other NGO’s, and the organization’s general audience.
The candidate should be someone with an interest in social policies and/or children. Must be highly attentive to detail and a solid writer.
- Research topics relevant to EFC’s mission and propose ideas to write about
- Read child poverty related reports and understand the main concepts
- Draft creative and compelling content for EFC’s website and social media under the guidance of the supervisor
- Copy edit all external communications and marketing material of the organization
- Proofread emails, reports, research papers, and other written products
- Ensure all documents are free of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Interest in children’s rights and urban inequalities
- Experience writing/copy editing for websites, blogs, or publications (preferred)
- Verbal and written fluency in English (and in Spanish, preferred)
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Associated Press (AP) Stylebook and/or the Chicago Manual of Style (preferred)
To apply, please email email@example.com your resume and cover letter